5 Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Residential Electrical Wiring
Too Many Extension Cords
Extension cords running throughout your home create a number of potential problems. They are a trip hazard and can pinch, bend, or short out from the wear and tear. This can result in tripped breakers, damaged outlets, or even fires.
Unusual Smells from Electrical Wiring
Electrical outlets, breaker panels, and fuse boxes should never produce odd smells. If you notice an unusual smell coming from one of these items, unplug everything right away and call a electrician.
Light fixtures usually require a small amount of power, so flickering or dimming is usually a problem with the wiring rather than the unit itself. The electrical wiring may not be maintaining a consistent flow of electricity or another appliance may be pulling too much power from the circuit.
Sparking or Buzzing Residential Electrical Wiring
Sparks or a buzzing sound coming from outlets, appliances, or breaker panels are a bad sign. Use extreme caution if you notice sparks or buzzing, and contact an electrician immediately.
Hot Switch Plates or Outlets
Outlets and switch plates should not be hot to the touch. If you notice an outlet is hot, it may be wired improperly and needs attention.
Contact a Calgary Electrician
If you notice any of the above signs of faulty wiring, contact an electrician right away. They can inspect your residential electrical wiring and upgrade it as needed to keep your home’s wiring safe and functional.
-Gravity Electrical Special Offer: 15% Discount, with proof of membership